Monday 20 March 2017

Nothing dey happen!




Innocent “2face” Ujah Idibia one of Africa’s finest literally and artistically. One of my all time favorite Nigerian artiste, and guess what we share some characteristics plus am also “Jos-tified”.

The most successful of the defunct “ Plantashun  boyz”  singing  group and also a pioneer of the new Nigerian music industry. With the likes of remedies, azadus from def-o-clan, ruff, rugged and raw and you know the list.

A lot of people will want  to attribute his success to his talent. Well, as much as I agree that he is talented. I beg to differ and say it was more of his humility and hard work.
From the grapevine, we heared he signed an almost slave deal with kennis music. But he weathered the storm, paid the price and now he is the boss. Head honcho of  hypertek digital that is home to recording artists such as victor uwaifo, Dammy krane and RockSteady.

As a group from my point of view, most of their tracks were dominated by blackface(I gbadu that guy) and Faze had that killer voice that always made the ladies go hmmmmm!!When  2baba is Solo choi! he over does it and over kills it. And has consistently been in the entertainment circuit for a while now.

2baba’s “grass to grace” album was a classic and evergreen album that i jam in my car stereo till tomorrow. I can relate to most of the songs and its already a part of  me.
I won’t call “African queen” as one of my favorite of  all his songs in as much as I love it. “True love” and “Right here” kills me when it comes to matters of the heart. And there is “For instance”, “One love”, “Catch the vibe”, “Hate what you do to me” from the last album and the track with Fally Ipupa “Diaspora Woman”.

What I would really want from my guy 2baba is for him to perform more of  his indigenous songs; the ones with his local dialect in international gigs. Let him sell and promote our culture, tradition and language just like Phino Nwanem and Olamide baddo are doing.

Picture 2baba performing “Odi ya e” at the Kora event with traditional idoma dancers, dressed in colorful attires. I have a picture of it in the ROM capacity of my brain…awesome! Check out Salif  keita, Yousou  N dour, Papa Wemba,  Awilo and even the youthful Fally Ipupa. They all sing in their dialects and are international acts.

Well, ’nuff  said you deserve a crown because you are a living legend who stood "face to face" with the music adversity. And "ascended" from "grass to grace", because you are "unstoppable". If they don’t get it , I suggest they "rewind select and update".

I look forward to making a song with you in the future. So we can pick up that much desired Grammy award together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Childish Gambino - This Is America (Official Video)