Monday 13 March 2017

I know the KoKo!



"Music is the art of combining sounds in a manner agreeable to the ear”. I take pride in quoting my music teacher in junior secondary. If  I say I love music, its an understatement. Matter-of -factly I can talk about music for hours without getting tired or bore you.

The reason behind this niche; so I can talk shop, non-stop from reggae to hip hop.This is not your average music blog it gets “deeper than the mind of Minolta”, so this might just be your new addiction.


Let me start with this very intriguing discovery I made a while ago. About this two dynamic Nigerian artistes “Don jazzy and D’banj” I have their picture posted up.They took the music industry by storm with their creativity and  artistry, churning out hit after hit. Little wonder their music label name was called “Mo-hits”.

Was it “tongolo”, “soco” or “Why me” ? You just couldn’t help the sonorous background vocals of  Don jazzy  or the stage presence of the koko master. Now speaking of what I discovered.

They came up with a concept where Don jazzy only speaks to D’banj and D’banj translates.Up till now nobody knows what d koko is, brilliant you’ll say but then check this out.

They picked two biblical characters in the person of  Moses and Aaron his brother. Don jazzy is Moses and D’banj is Aaron. Moses was a stammerer and Aaron had to do the talking, same for our guys. Moses had a staff and Don jazzy had a walking stick.Moses performed miracles through Aaron, Don jazzy gave us hit songs through D’banj. I bet you didn’t think about it until now right? Thank me later…

Don’t ask me how I know, I just know call it a chidinwamama theory and it sure makes a lot of sense. Just like a D’banj without a Don jazzy is a “No-hit|” there is just no miracle, if you catch my drift. The synergy was everything so please guys do us a big favor in the future and drop one “Mo-hit” and let me have the priviledge  of  breaking the good news on my blog.

You guys rock and there is no Nigerian music history without both of you, because you took it to another level after 2baba and  kennis music. Big up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Childish Gambino - This Is America (Official Video)