Sunday 23 April 2017

Woman Palaver



Ever  since  November  2016 that I started this blog, I’ve been experiencing writers block. How is that possible my young IT wiz would ask? With a combination of topical niches and a creative mind, it ought to be flowing.

So today I picked on the more controversial niche: “Woman Palaver” and let the ink of my pen bleed. Feel free to comment, but I won’t entertain anything derogatory.

“Woman Palaver” as defined by the oxford dictionary is trouble or difficulties caused, typically to a man, by romantic or sexual involvement with a woman or women, especially a married one.

But in all fairness I am going to treat this niche with kid gloves. And we will look at it from different perspectives, because it’s an everyday phenomenon.

In the beginning God created man and every beautiful thing in the garden to cultivate and guard it. He made the animals and the birds as a companion but  wasn’t  still satisfied. Then  a woman was made from the man’s rib, and funny enough after her creation, man’s  trouble and difficulties started: We were cursed and banished from enjoyment.

Now, hold up! Don’t crucify me yet and don’t get it twisted. Women are beautiful, hardworking, supportive and caring...my mum, sisters, love of my life are examples. I am just trying to bring out the history and  genesis of  “Woman palaver”.

It gets more interesting, with other stories like: Sarah, Hagar and Abraham, Rebecca and Jacob, Delilah and Samson, Bethsheba and David, Potiphar's wife and Joseph, Herodias and King Herod, Jezebel and King Ahab…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Childish Gambino - This Is America (Official Video)